Friday, May 25, 2012

"I Just Wanna Dance With Somebody"

Hi all! I am alive after writing 4 essays this week! I am so glad that it is over! My week consisted of working at a cafe as a dishwasher, and I then I catered a meal today! It is sooo nice to have some income so I can travel and do things around the city. This week was unbelievable, though! It made me fall even more in love with Speech Pathology because I got the opportunity to observe in a voice clinic here on campus. It was a WONDERFUL experience, and I am observing again on Tuesday. The Speech Pathologist that I shadowed was sooo wonderful and taught me sooo much. I am so thankful and blessed. The clients were amazing and really made me love my major. One of my essays was for assessing the language of a child, teenager and an adult, and the other essay was about how animals affect patients in animal-assisted therapy. Then I am working on one that is for my sign language class. I have probably written 25 pages worth of papers this week. By the looks of pinterest and facebook, you all probably think I don't have a life besides the computer. Ha! I do though! All week, my friend, Ashton and I have be running together because she would like to pursue a career in the Air Force. I have never ran in my life, and now I feel great. I eat like a hog ALL.THE. TIME. Speaking of eating, I have also been watching Master Chef Australia the whole week with my friends, and I am an addict. I admit it. Then my Pinterest page is FULL of cupcakes. Ha. Last night my friends and I went out dancing, hence, the title of my blog and facebook album, and we had a blast. Then, tonight, we watched the introductions of all the cartoons that we watched when we were children. It is amazing how time flies and how one misses childhood. So many memories came with the T.V. shows that we watched. It made me grateful for a great childhood and made me think of Kansas. This weekend was going to be spent at a friend's home, but she came down with pneumonia, and now we aren't going to visit her parents. Darn, but I guess it gives me the chance to study for some finals and just relax after a long, longggg week. I have been following the calendar, and I have just over a month until I go home. I am sooo excited to see my family and friends in the United States. I can't describe how excited I am. BUT I am going to make my days here count by traveling to Tasmania and volunteering. One of my Australian friends here told me that they consider me an Australian, and it made really think about what I have gained from this experience. I feel like I am a part of the Australian culture and will always be and absolutely love the feeling. Kansas is always going to be my home, and I love it, but I know that I will always love Australia. Hands down. I think I will definitely be a mix of American and Australian when I get back. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment