Friday, April 27, 2012

Busy As Usual! :)

Hey guys! I just finished a crazy week! I had a paper due today, a Sign Language speech on Monday and I had to read A LOT this week. I did not realize that Anthropology classes came with so much reading! Oh well! My tutor says that I am doing great in the class and that she loves to read about small town, Hanover, Kansas. I found out that I did well on a test for my Speech-Language Pathology course, and I absolutely LOVE  the class. We are talking about how the brain controls speech, language, swallowing and motor skills. It is extremely hard but SO fascinating. Tomorrow, I am working on more homework and will start planning my trip to Tasmania. It is starting to become very cold here, and my heater in my room does not work. So, I have my very own personal nest in my friend's room. Haha! I spent four hours in her room yesterday, and we read and watched "Grey's Anatomy." We have our own little "Grey's Anatomy" club that meets every Thursday night. I also found out when my finals will be in June! My last final will be June 16, but I think the trip to Tasmania will be after that. :) This wonderful experience will end on a wonderful note. My Australian friends know that my sister is getting married, and they asked me if I could  invite them to my sister's wedding so that they could visit. It was soo funny! I am so thankful for my friends here, because homesickness has been bad here lately. They have made me laugh and realize that I need to enjoy the people here and Australia before I leave. I am only here once and need to invest in my relationships. I found out that my Australian Sign Language final is going to be difficult. I have to produce a 10-12 minute long speech and then tell what a signer is saying. I am nervous but excited for it. Signing feels a lot like acting, and I love to act. Tonight, I watch a cool French film with my Australian friends and funny YouTube videos. On Sunday, I am making Puppy Chow, and it marks that I  come home in two months! Where has the time gone? Well, that's all for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment