Monday, April 2, 2012

Keeping my chin up

Hey guys! I have been super busy finishing up my last week of school before Easter break. I am so excited to scuba dive in Cairns and know that my Grandpa White will be watching out for me. It has been hard to concentrate on my courses this week, and it is hard to be away from home at this time. However, my family has been skyping me and being supportive. My friends here have been amazing and supportive, also. I am blessed to have them. I have been studying for an exam in my Normal Communication class all day and just have been hanging in here. On the brighter side of things, one of neighbors had a birthday last night! Our whole floor celebrated with her, and we made TONS of food. I tried Fairy Bread, which is bread, butter and then they put sprinkles on it. Now, it may not sound great, but it was delicious! My friend also made miniature meat pies, which we don't eat much in the U.S. They were great too! I keep figuring out that Australians call things different names than Americans do. Sooooo when I get home, I may be calling things by different names. Haha! My friends and I also want to plan a trip to a local winery! It will be soooo much fun because I have never went to one in the U.S. They say the food is wonderful! Tomorrow is my friend from Texas's birthday! I think we are gathering tomorrow night for that, and I can not wait! Then Saturday is when we leave for CAIRNS!!!!! :DDDD I found out that our hotel will pick us up from the airport for free and that we have a complimentary meal at the local cafe every night. It will be great to relax after these past weeks. Hopefully I can find a church in Cairns. I would really like to celebrate Easter somewhere! Another side note, I found out that I am approved to do research at UNL when I get back, and it will be focused on the area of Speech Pathology that I want to specialize in! Plus, it is going to be under a wonderful professor! :D Then I found out that will probably graduate from UNL a semester early in December of 2013, and I have an apartment lined up for next semester. I am trying to live my life to fullest here because I know that my Grandpa White would want me to, and I know he is watching over me. He will get to go scuba diving in Cairns with me. Thanks for all of the prayers and support at home. You all are wonderful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment