Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Another beautiful day in Melbourne! :)

I had an amazing day that was EXTREMELY busy! I registered in the morning, went shopping at the mall and FINALLY figured out how to use the bus to get groceries. I feel like I am finally getting the hang of things around here. We attended academic sessions about Oz English (Aussie English), and It was great! My friend Ashton and I were sitting together in the session and the speaker asked us to translate..."I had a bingle on the way to work."Ashton and I thought it meant, "I had a bagel on the way to work." It actually meant, "I had a small car accident on the way to work." It was another international student moment and we just had to laugh at ourselves. We found  the BEST coffee shop on campus this morning, also. Ashton and I tried the creamy, wonderful mocha at Charley's on campus. It is my NEW favorite coffee shop and is the favorite of many locals. I also had my first legal drink today. My friend and I tried Jack Daniels Whiskey mixed with Lemonade. It was wonderful! :) I also received information about the fencing and scuba diving clubs here on campus, and I hope to participate in both. Yesterday was intimidating, but I feel like everything is falling into place today. All of us international students are sticking together, and I feel like I have another family forming. Life is good! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment