Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Wonderful but frustrating...:P

Today, I found that I don't know anything about anything. I am trying to register for classes and am learning how to enroll. The system is TOTALLY different. We started the international student festival today and received TONS of information on everything about everything. It is a bit overwhelming, but I am still happy. I suffered through all of it with my new friends. I met wonderful girls from Germany, Ecuador, Mexico, U.S.A. and Denmark, today. They are awesome and will be my travel partners but most importantly, my friends. We all ran around campus like chickens with our heads cut off and DEFINITELY looked like foreigners. We probably asked for directions about 10 times today! Haha! Today, I really felt like a weirdo just because of a sliding door. My friend and I thought the sliding door automatically opened and went in front of it as usual. It still wasn't opening after 10 seconds of waiting, and we just looked at each other in confusion. Finally I realized that there was a button by the door that said "OPEN."I was thinking "DUH!" and realized Australians were watching us the WHOLE time. It was a foreigner moment for sure, and I am sure it was amusing for the locals. I have learned that you just have laugh things off. Haha! I have a busy week ahead! I am taking a shopping trip to the Mall tomorrow, going out with friends on Thursday night, participating in the "Wild Life Walk" on Friday and taking a tour of the city on Saturday. Life is good, and God is good for giving me this opportunity. :)

1 comment:

  1. Thrilled about your new adventure! Thanks for sharing & will enjoy the journey together...Happy, happy Valentine's Day! XOXO Barbara

    ReplyDelete