Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Just Dance ;)

Today was awesome! I went to my first lecture for Anthropology and received a huge surprise!! The lecturer started the class by showing a video of last year's first day of class, and it showed dancers disguised as students coming out of the desks and DANCING. Flash Mob dancing is what it is called. The lecturer then went on to say, "I was supposed to plan something better than last year for our lecture today, but I didn't." Then all the sudden six people got up out of their seats and started yelling horrible things at the teacher. Then music started, and one of them started to play the drums for us. Then they all went up and danced on stage!! The song was an African song about peace, and it was sooo cool. Then the rest of the students joined in with them. It really put a whole new meaning to learning about different cultures, because music it one of the major components of a culture. It was wonderful!! After having the coolest lecture of my life, I went to Office Works with my Australian friends and then took a nap when I returned home. I had a tutorial or recitation for that same class later on. The room was full of people from ALL parts of the world, and I cannot wait to learn about the different cultures. I am sooo excited. Speaking of new cultures, I have a new neighbor who is from China! She is very nice, and we talked all night about Australian, Chinese and American traditions. I am learning so much, and I think I understand why God sent me here. I feel like I have met so many wonderful people and have learned so much about the customs of other cultures. I feel like I am opening my mind more and more everyday. Plus, I feel so relaxed. I am blessed. Period. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment