Monday, February 27, 2012

Good Day! :)

Today was amazing! First, I went with my next door neighbor to join the chaos at the university bookstore. Then I found out that the paper that was up all night writing wasn't supposed to be assigned to me! Ha! It was frustrating, but it is okay! I had my first Australian Sign Langauge class and learned many new phrases, and it was soooo cool! The professor for that class is deaf which makes it even better, and talking is not allowed at all because she considers it cheating. We can only use sign language, and man, it is a learning experience. The professor was hilarious and said funny things in Sign Language. It made me giggle, and I was proud that I actually knew what she was saying most of the time. After class, I just did a few housekeeping things like laundry...blahh. Then  I sat down and talked to my Aussie friends on my floor all night. They were all soooo funny!! One told me that he wanted to come to Iowa because they actually ship/deliver live chicks to people in the mail. I about cried because I was laughing so hard. It was a good night. I met another new friend, who just got here yesterday. We talked about the differences between Australian and American sports. Then we talked about the healthcare and educational systems in our countries. I know this part sounds boring but actually, it was quite interesting. My Aussie friends want to take me to a Aussie football game soon and that should be interesting. I also set up a trip today! I am going on the "Great Ocean Road Trip" on March 10. This is the beach that contains the "Twelve Apostles." I am beyond excited, and I start my Normal Communication and Swallowing Processes class tomorrow. I. CAN'T. WAIT. This is the class that I have been the most excited for! I have a feeling that tomorrow is going to be a good day. Plus, it rained allll night, and I cut up my fresh watermelon from the market. It was wonderful! Life is good!

1 comment: