Wednesday, February 22, 2012

"Your mom tagged you as a cow!" Haha

Today was busy! First of all, I got a surprise in the morning! Collin added me on Skype, and I got to talk to him and Cody. Collin told me that he has a interview for an internship coming up. It was wonderful to hear from him and Cody.  After skype, I went shopping with a friend for a hair straightener...FINALLY! Now, I won't look like "Cousin It" running around campus and will feel like myself again. We finally are learning how to use the public transportation and got to the mall okay! After the mall, I sat in the kitchen and talked to my Aussie friends, Aaron and Fran, for a longggg time. They asked me questions about Kansas and my family. Then I asked them tons of questions. Fran actually invited me to see kangaroos on her farm tomorrow, but I already have plans. They always make me laugh..haha. Mom tagged me in a Facebook picture of a cow so that I could see the cow. Aaron says, "Your mom tagged you as a cow!" It just sounded really funny. Mom are you calling me a cow indirectly? Haha. They also introduced me to an Australian classic, "Milo." It is a chocolate powder that you pour into milk, and it does not dissolve. So essentially you have chocolate chucks in your milk. It was fantastic and many Aussie eat the powder plain! They are going to introduce me to Veggiemite tomorrow...:S...Tonight, I went to a glow in the dark party and then talked to Fran and my new friend, Chris, from Switzerland. He told me that he might hook me up with some Swiss Chocolate! Yum! I have had a great orientation week, but I think that I am ready for classes to start on Monday. I want a consistent schedule and want to learn something. I am ready for a regular schedule. I think that I am starting to miss home because my family, Nathan and friends keep coming up in allll of my conversations with my friends. Only 124 days left until I come home! Whoa! :S That's all for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment