Monday, March 5, 2012

I am bad at this! Haha

Sorry again guys, and I am playing catch up once again. :) Yesterday was fantastic! I spent the morning talking to my family back home and then went shopping for a friend's birthday party! We bought pasta salad, potato salad, chips and dip, made chocolate crackles and TIM TAMS! Tim Tams are the best cookies ever, and every American NEEDS to try them. Another must try for Americans are chocolate crackles. Amazing! I am an addicted to both for sure. The whole day was a success! The whole floor was involved and helped her celebrate. I feel like I am becoming close to my floor mates, and they all can get to me to laugh until my eyes water. I wouldn't trade this for anything. :) Today, I started the morning in a bad way...I was sick...blah. My family and my boyfriend talking to me made me feel better. I started to feel better as the day went on, though. I practiced Auslan for the whole day, and I am struggling to remember all of the signs. Hopefully I can find a great study guide! After practicing Auslan, it was class time! The author of my textbook, who is a famous sign language linguist, talked to our class today. It was an honor to meet him, and he is working on a project to help assess deaf children for language/speech disorders. The test will also tell assess the accuracy of their signs. He was an amazing lecturer, and I learned so much from him. I knew a lot the material he covered because I am a Speech-Language Pathology major, along with another girl in my class. He could pick us out of the audience right away because we kept making comments and asking questions. Haha! I am a "speechie" for sure. After class, I hung out in one of my Aussie friend's room, and we watched the "Big Bang Theory" and "Alcatraz." Then my four Aussie friends and I talked in the hall for forever about Mathematics in classes. It was interesting, and I tried my hand at one of the problems and failed. Well, I am done with math classes in my major now, thank goodness. Tomorrow I am finalizing plans to go to the Great Ocean Road Trip! We will see The Arch, The Twelve Apostles, Apollo Bay, Great Ocean Road Historical Arch and the Loch Ard Gorge. My friend from Texas and I are starting to plan our fall break trip to Cairns to SCUBA DIVE! Hopefully, we get there a cheap way and have a great time. I am excited because I am certified, so it will only cost me $60 for one dive, which is not bad at all. Then we may stop in Sydney on the way, who knows!! :D All in all, life is good. Thanks for all the support back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment