Saturday, March 3, 2012

Just Chillin'

Sorry guys! I am catching up! I had a great day yesterday! I went to my Human and Animal Anthropology class and felt like everything went through one ear and out the other. I think I found my hardest class for the semester...Oh Boy. :S Everyone seemed to have a higher capacity of thinking than me. It was a lot like Philosophy. Ugh...Hopefully it gets better. I got home after class and read two books off of my Kindle. Then I shopped for more kindle books. :) I also found new places to explore in Melbourne! My friends and I are going to explore the Melbourne Museum and an old Australian Prison here in Melbourne. We may go to the prison at night and have a ghost tour. Plus, I found a Holocaust museum here and a Medical History Museum that I want to go to. I am soooo excited. Today, I went to the zoo with my friend from Texas and my friend from Germany. It rained the WHOLE time, but It was wonderful anyway. I saw the cutest kangaroos but pictures weren't allowed! Darn! They were hopping all over the place, and my friend from Germany had never seen a platypus, so we found one at the zoo. The snake exhibit didn't scare me like it usually does. This is kind of weird. Maybe I am getting over my fear of snakes? By the end of day, all three of us were soaking wet and tired. I came home and had a nice cup of tea, Australian tea. My aussie friend next door got me hooked. Then I talked to my best friend, Nicole, on skype for long time. All in all, I have had a good couple of days and will probably be spending tomorrow on homework. Oh joy! I think I may be starting to get out the tourist stage of the cultural adjustment because I am starting to feel like I will be here for awhile. Hopefully, the homesickness stays away for a while and allows me to concentrate on school.

No comments:

Post a Comment