Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pretty Content and Busy

Hey guys! Yesterday was a great day! I went to class in the afternoon, after talking to Emily Clarke, Nicole and Chelsea, and found my friends waiting at my door to go out to eat at Nandos when I got back! It is an amazing restaurant here, and I had a chicken wrap and chips (french fries). Then we all went to a shop to buy supplies for costumes for dancing in a parade. I bought a gold mask and can't wait to wear it. When we got back I rocked out music with my Aussie friends. :) We sang "The Lion King," and "Waka Waka" by Shakira. It was Tower 9 C floor karaoke! Haha! Then we watched videos from "The Lion King" in different languages, and it was hilarious! I about laughed until my eyes watered a few times. Then the whole gang ended the day by sitting down and watching a movie together. Today was also a great day! I had two classes today! My professor in the first lecture talked to us about how he ate rats while visiting Malaysia...I can't imagine! It is amazing how much I am learning in his class, though. He is teaching me to learn about myself through others. It is an interesting way to look at life. It is amazing how much humans need each other to survive and to learn. The best part of coming to Australia is that I have learned new things about myself through observing multiple cultures. It has made me take a hard look at who I am and my American culture. It is causing me to look at the bigger picture of life and to realize that there is more out there than just Americans or The United States. It is teaching me that there are numerous ways to do things and to think about things. I feel like I have learned so much about all aspects of life here, and I have just been here for a month. During my second class, four girls and I had to observe people in their environment and take notes. It wasn't awkward until the person we were observing came up to us, and asked, "What are you doing?" Ahh! Embarrassing! After the most embarrassing thing in my life happened, I had the grand opportunity of dancing with all the people in my tower of my dorm. We rehearsed a dance for an hour tonight for the parade tomorrow. I am soooo excited! The dance involves the electric slide, and I think I actually caught on.....FINALLY! In all my years of high school dances, I could NEVER master the dumb electric slide. But I did it today. :) After rehearsing the dance  with the whole tower...I kind of danced in the hall with all my friends...obnoxiously. Then I went to my room, and watched "The Nanny." All in all I have had great days! Although I love it here, I still think about my family, Nathan, friends and UNL. My grandpa has really been on my mind, and I wish I could be there for him. I know that he wouldn't want me to pass up this opportunity, though. I don't know what it is about this place, but I feel so relaxed, free and confident all the time. I am truly happy and believe that this is just what I needed before thinking about graduation at UNL. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment